The Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund, coordinated by The John R. Oishei Foundation, the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Health Foundation for Western & Central New York, and the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, announced that it has granted $4.5 Million to 74 organizations in less than two weeks after the Fund was announced.
Grants were awarded to organizations serving all eight counties of Western New York that are addressing immediate needs in our community as a result of the COVID-19 crisis in the areas of food, housing, healthcare, childcare, mental health, transportation, and other emergency services. Grants were made to nonprofit organizations throughout WNY including urban and rural areas, organizations of every size, and to those serving a range of populations with consideration for areas already in economic distress.
The WNY COVID-19 Community Response Fund is a collaborative effort among the region’s philanthropic organizations to help essential organizations on the front lines of this community crisis with grants designed to complement public sector funds. Anyone is welcome to join the effort and donate to the Fund through the website – www.WNYResponds.org.
To date, the WNY COVID-19 Community Response Fund has received approximately $5.5 million from local foundations, private sector companies, and individuals. Additional funds raised will be distributed based on evolving needs related to the pandemic. To see a full list of contributors to the Fund, please visit www.WNYResponds.org.
The following nonprofit organizations received a grant from the WNY COVID-19 Community Response Fund:
· Allegany County Community Opportunities and Rural Development
· Arc of Genesee Orleans (Meals on Wheels)
· BestSelf Behavioral Health
· Boys & Girls Clubs Collaborative
· Buffalo Prenatal Perinatal Network
· Buffalo Urban League
· CAO of Western New York
· Cattaraugus and Wyoming Counties Project Head Start
· Cattaraugus Community Action
· Cattaraugus County Dept. of Aging (Meals on Wheels Fund)
· Cazenovia Recovery Systems
· Child & Family Services of Erie County
· Child Care Coalition of the Niagara Frontier
· Christ Church Community Kitchen
· City Mission Society, Inc.
· Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
· Community Health Center of Buffalo
· Community Missions of Niagara Frontier
· CoNECT (Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo)
· Crisis Services
· Cuba Cultural Center
· Directions in Independent Living
· Empower (United Cerebral Palsy Assoc. of Niagara County)
· Erie Regional Housing Develop. (Belle Center)
· Evergreen Health
· Every Bottom Covered
· Family Help Center
· Feed Buffalo
· FeedMore WNY
· Friends of Night People
· Genesee Orleans Ministry of Concern, Inc.
· Harvest House of South Buffalo
· Health Association of Niagara County (HANCI)
· Healthy Community Alliance
· Heart Love & Soul
· Hearts and Hands: Faith in Action, Inc.
· Horizon Health Services
· Jericho Road Community Health Center
· Jewish Family Service of Buffalo & Erie County
· Journey's End Refugee Services
· Kendall Community Food Cupboard Corp.
· Learning Disabilities Association of WNY
· Life Impact (Resurrection Life Food Pantry)
· Lt. Col. Matt Urban HSC of WNY
· Metro Community Develop. Corp.
· Mid-Erie Mental Health Services (Endeavor Health Services)
· Native American Community Services
· Neighborhood Health Center
· Niagara Community Action Program, Inc.
· Northpointe Council
· NYS Network for Youth Success
· Olmsted Center for Sight
· Open Buffalo (Seeding Resilience Initiative)
· Parkside Evangelical Lutheran Church
· PUSH Buffalo
· Restoration Society
· Safety-Net Assoc. of Primary Care Affiliated Providers
· Save the Michaels of the World
· Say Yes Buffalo
· Spectrum Health and Human Services
· The Dale Association
· The Rural Outreach Center
· The Salvation Army - Olean Corps.
· The Salvation Army (Erie County)
· The Salvation Army (Niagara County)
· Valley Community Assoc.
· Western New York Independent Living
· Westminster Economic Development Initiative
· YMCA Buffalo Niagara
· YMCA of the Twin Tiers
· Youth Mentoring Services
· YWCA Niagara Frontier
· YWCA Western New York
On Monday, April 6, 2020, Buffalo Bills General Manager Brandon Beane announced that he is donating $20,000 to relief efforts and is also offering fans an opportunity to interact with him as he gears up for the 2020 NFL Draft to build awareness for the Fund. The initiative, which runs until Friday, April 17, will award seven randomly selected entrants with one of seven unique Bills-themed experiences or prizes. To learn more, visit www.WNYResponds.org.
For anyone in need of assistance with information related to services available in our community, please call 211. It is a referral hotline that is staffed 24/7 and serves all eight counties of Western New York.