We will catalyze change in Western New York through:
- Supporting well-led, effective nonprofit organizations.
- Encouraging collaborative funding partnerships to stretch grant dollars.
- Sharing the expertise of our program officers; providing guidance to form ideas and innovative approaches.
- Strengthening nonprofit Boards by acquainting them with essential and leading governance practices.
- Strengthening and enhancing nonprofit management practices in organizational infrastructure and program delivery.
- Enhancing meeting/learning opportunities for leaders to refresh and forge new relationships among their peers, creating new paths towards building a collaborative nonprofit sector.
- Building our capacity to become a robust resource for community information needs.
- Engaging and empowering partners/stakeholders to use research and information to guide decisions around community issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Transitioning evaluation practices away from simple data collection to the creation of a shared learning environment that helps reveal true progress, outcomes and long-term impact.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive communication plan that effectively communicates our goals and activities to the community.
- Providing nonprofit organizations with general communications guidance, sharing expertise and providing hands-on support.
- Promoting our grantees’ and partners’ efforts.
- Sharing knowledge, best practices, research and lessons learned.
ALTERNATIVE FUNDING SOLUTIONS
- Exploring opportunities to utilize alternative funding solutions, which include PRIs,Loan Guarantees and MRIs.
LEADERSHIP & NETWORK BUILDING
- Identifying, evaluating and developing positions on time-sensitive issues impacting our community.
- Enhancing opportunities for network building and collaboration among community stakeholders by convening and providing expertise, guidance and support.